May 27, 2008

rusty bike love.


rusty bike love., originally uploaded by kaliji.

I love this vintage bike. Rusty+Orange+Bad Ass!
Riding it around Oak Lawn with my girlfriend transported me back in time to when my mother was riding her bike in the early sixties in a neighborhood just like this one. She told me when I was younger that she was always at the front of the pack and loved going fast. I love going fast too, especially while standing up on the bike in the middle of the street and gliding for as long as I can. I felt so tall and on top of the world. It never ceases to amaze me how seemingly insignificant things such as riding one's bike can elicit this feeling.

So today's question is: What simple pleasures make you feel on top of the world?
-♥-

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I love my bike too :) lol and riding around with you.. we are so cool everyone is jelous of our sexy bike time haha...I'd have to say my pleasure is...chillin on the beach..or running around in buildings :D..but you knew that

●• Thereza said...

gorgeous picture! it has an SLR feel to it and the bike is just sooo cool! i have a tinyred bike too but not as fab as yours... should be cycling a bit this week as it's warmer now.
:D