July 16, 2008

I can hear you smile 30 miles away.


smile., originally uploaded by kaliji.

Putzing around with a drawing kit (eep!) that has been gathering dust --a quick sketchy sketch.
I have been flirting with the idea of taking an art class or two before I transfer knowing that once I transfer I will be too discouraged to pursue courses outside my major. My yet to be defined major that is--ideally an amalgamation of three of the following: Communications/Film, Women's Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, English/Comparative Literature, Spanish. With a major in English and a minor in Spanish I can pursue certification to teach English abroad during summers which is the most appealing with the quickest gratification right now....hmmm.
As life tends to plant, however discretely, opportunities to fulfill your desires along the path-- I might be able to take a drawing class for free, compliments my favorite pervy barista. He keeps asking me to model for his drawing class (incentive being that the class would then be free). He asked Agent Pineapple as well and I would think that if it was nude he wouldn't approach it so nonchalantly, although a class where there are models to be drawn in charcoal with clothes on seems to be a rarity. I will have to look into this further. If it checks out, the soul-crushing factor implicit in formal art instruction could be sidestepped and for free!

Today's wisdom courtesy of Yogi Tea: "Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give."
Agent Pineapple and I are each looking for volunteer opportunities in our area, I have felt a disconnect for the past couple of years that I have been relatively uninvolved save for the occasional march/protest. I spoke with a woman from the YWCA and am considering rape victim advocacy--I just wish I knew if I have the strength before pursuing the intensive training. Another hmmm.
- -

PS: Question for my blogger users: Do you know how to make uploaded pictures larger without losing quality? I always upload using the "large" setting but it's just not large enough for my liking.

No comments: