June 16, 2008

Home is where the heart is, really.


I have been thinking about "home" and what it means to me--especially at a time when I need to commit to my current living situation and make the best of it. It would be easier if wasn't dreaming of the future.
In the page, my dream home with Agent Pineapple is superimposed over my physical one which I fear losing--thus the contrast between sun and storm. The pictures of things I would like to have one day that I encountered during my walks: a cute brightly painted shed (for art or vintage bikes or drumming circles) and two little chairs where we can sit and drink our coffee in the morning with our journals. The other collage element is a scan of the birthday card I made her.
While I am currently at odds with her we always try our best to work things out. It's no secret that everything in life is work. The ways in which the fruits of your labor fulfill you are what matters.
--
lara

2 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I like this one... reminds me of the 4th of July.

Kaitlin said...

..what is S.O.? or is it 5.0? lol I like the contrast between the now and the future. and one day very soon we have to sit down and figure that situation out :) I too hope we can pull together because I know we can. I cant wait to talk to you tomorrow I love you.